Monday, August 1, 2011

Might is Right

Andrew started back to classes today, and I spent the day house cleaning and job hunting. I've gotten so accustomed to having Andrew around all day; it was a little pitiful how sad I was when he left this morning.

I spent a good while this morning reading through Hosea. I'm not sure why, but as I was walking down the stairs, I just suddenly thought -- Hosea. I'm going to attempt to strengthen my meditation muscles; or at least be more dilligent than I usually am in trying to get deeper into the meaning, rather than skimming the surface. I, an English major, a poet, of all people, should read the Bible well. And reader, I do not. It is one of the biggest shames of my life.

If God has impressed one thing upon me in the past two weeks, it is His sovereignty. He is in absolute control -- of all things. And more than just mighty, He is also not only wise and good, but faithful. He is completely trustworthy. He will never do anything against His character, never anything that is not for His glory and for my good. And I must trust this. Fear and uncertainty have no place in my heart if I truly believe that this is the character of God. I know I'll have to spend the rest of my life learning this lesson, but in all the frustation of a new place, of looking for a job, etc., I have been given grace to trust that He is good, and will do what is good.

"Whoever is wise, let him understand these things;
whoever is discerning, let him know them;
for the ways of the Lord are right,
and the upright walk in them,
but transgressors stumble in them.
Hosea 14:9 (emphasis mine)

1 comment: