Thursday, March 31, 2011

half-full

There have been good things, too. Like getting to spend over a week with Andrew for his spring break, which was, wonderfully, the week of my birthday!

I learned how to throw a baseball, so I'm now a true American.

We ordered wedding bands, which means we really are getting married.

We stole all the newspaper crosswords from my mom, and gave them back to her when we couldn't do any more.

Keith and Rachel came down, and some of my mom's friends threw us a joint wedding shower. It was uncannily like being a twin.

And, for my birthday (among other wonderful things, including a scarf and earrings from Honduras), Andrew found me a first-edition copy of Roald Dahl's Fantastic Mr. Fox, in great condition hardcover and with all the original illustrations. So beautiful!


Image: Original illustration by Donald Chaffin, via Beg Borrow Stijl

No comments:

Post a Comment